Friday, February 24, 2006

wasted beauty



This is site is, well, kinda creepy. There's a wistful/funeral musicical theme on every page and sound effects for much of the artwork. It's subtle- not over-the-top creepy music that some pages hit you over the head with. You page navigation is done by crushing little flowers on the right, and clicking on dewy spider strands on the left.
The artwork itself is haunting. It's dark overtones remind me of Edward Gorey and some of the artwork from the "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" book series. Very E.A. Poe. I love it! I wish there were more. Luckily, there are downloads available, so grab 'em up!
My only complaint is size- on my current little screen it's almost impossible to make out any of the lettering while I'm navigating. (Maybe when my new monitor gets here, sigh...)
It's perfect for the mood I've been in this week.

(Ed. 3-6-06 Looks much better with the bigger screen, but it's still kinda small.)

No comments: